Malaysia Time

1950 crosley radio

4.5 out of 5 stars 50. 4.6 out of 5 stars 270. Amazon's Choice for crosley retro radio. Because of Canadian manufacturing, I'm sure they used Canadian paint suppliers, this would definitely be a factor. Crosley, outsourcing there enclosure designs, then taking all credit and most of the profit is exposed by, industry only magazine, article below. Below is a copy of the Plastics Progress magazine article that on pg.2 exposes this fact, plus the son of Carl Reynolds (Neil Reynolds) has contacted nucow.com, and furnished this article in order to finally help expose the truth! Sell a Similar Item.

------------------
Clock-radios, the original form of multi-tasking!, Well, the "metalic green" one I have looks more greyish-green to me.

------------------
Joe Gray, quote:

Originally posted by Dr. Radio:
Sorry, Syl, perhaps I was too brash.
[B]
, quote:
[B]

The original "dashboards" from '51 had the same basic colors, except the hard to find ebony color. Crosley, assembled the radios with an enclosure, designed and created by someone else. Battery operated, it is made of durable plastic, and a handle assists in carrying the set. Moffats LTD, was a Crosley distributor (maker as well?) View Shipping, Payment & Auction Policies. Suggestion of radio design were kept to a minimum. Crosley Pup One Tube Radio & good 201A or WD12 tube, 4 x 4 x 4" WORKS 1925 Even radio control knobs are located at the side of the unit. The overall design is reminiscent of a lunchbox. etc.

If you need more info, I'm quite the Crosley person, I even sent Marty Bunis a sample color wheel of the Crosley "rainbow" at the time he was doing the collector books.

------------------
Clock-radios, the original form of multi-tasking!, quote:

Originally posted by Dr. Radio:
Sorry Syl, that's wrong.

11=1951 model year. This is a set that was sold in Canada, so the color code is not added to the model number - simply says D-25. An Aqua 1950's Crosley Retro "Color Radio" in beautiful completely restored condition. Crosley electronic engineers did design the electronic tube chassis. When most phones are smaller than an envelope, it's nice to remember the days of colorful phone booths and the jingle of dropping coins dropping in. Dan Morphy Auctions. What is the difference between the "11" series and the "D" series -- beside the year?
Thanks,
Art

, Sorry Syl, that's wrong.

11=1951 model year. Crosley Solo AM/FM Radio CR3003A. crosley radio bluetooth speaker crosley portable radio crosby radios crosley mockingbird crosley radio vintage radio ← Previous; 1; 2; 3... 20; Next → Need help? FREE Shipping. Though the VIP design tends toward simplicity and stately good looks, the clock bezel is trimmed in brilliant mar-resistant brass. I don't think the color shifted.
Art

------------------
, Art,

You are NOT alone. Almost a gun-metal grey-blue if that makes sense. Crosley model 10-137. etc.

If you need more info, I'm quite the Crosley person, I even sent Marty Bunis a sample color wheel of the Crosley "rainbow" at the time he was doing the collector books.

, Sorry, Syl, perhaps I was too brash.

There were differnces. All these years, Crosley has been taking credit, for the unique collector radios and clocks! 10=1950. This 1950 edition looks pretty darn good, although the seller mentions a few flaws. Shop eBay for great deals on Crosley Vintage Radios. W 13 in. I'm not sure what official color your "brown" should be. That's because a world of technical skill and years of engineering experience are written into this story...from the first chapter on design to the final chapter, plastics. Our radios won't disappoint on quality of sound or eye appeal. 95. Shop; Support; ... Crosley 1950S PAYPHONE 1950S PAYPHONE $ 89.95. There are many that absolutely swear it is BLUE. Automotive entrepreneur Powel Crosley built his first radio in 1920, as an alternative to buying a high-priced ($135) receiver for his son. The '52 "D" line had:

Chartruese
Metallic Blue
Maroon
Delux White (that's how the spelled "deluxe")
Metallic Green
Tan

, Dr. Radio,

I have a D-25 in beautiful original condition that is factory painted in a medium brown color (NOT tan). I've seen some original very dark blue and if I remember right a lighter shade of blue, but all labled as D-25BE.

I've seen a E-15CE (chartruese) that you swear was a totally different color (almost yellow).

------------------
Clock-radios, the original form of multi-tasking!, A question about 1950s Crosley clock radios. Get the best deal for Crosley Collectible Tube Radios (1950-1959) from the largest online selection at eBay.com. Small tuning knob for Crosley Dynatrol radio (item k61) » details. Antique Radio Forums Index » Category » Antique Radio Discussions, Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], Radioroslyn, Sid47 and 40 guests, I uploaded a picture to the Photo section (in the Crosleys) of a pretty blue Crosley clock radio I found just recently. Crosley made this this model in several colors to match your home colors and decor in every room: White, Maroon, Chartreuse, Black, Light Green and Aqua. Where as the same model in Canda, built in Canada would just a "5F" on the model tag.

I have seen them both ways (US model numbering on Canada made)

The original "dashboards" from '51 had the same basic colors, except the hard to find ebony color. Ships from Denver, PA, United States. The following sources provide parts, information, and repair services for getting your antique radio, TV, or phono back on the road. Free shipping on selected items. Were colors offered in Canada the same as U.S. models?

Thanks,
Ron

------------------

, Syl--

In regards to the "ebony" model. He then went on to produce several low-priced, attractive models, and by 1922, Crosley was wealthy and his company was the largest radio manufacturer in the world. Product Details. Antique Radio Parts & Repairs. 1945 - 1956 Crosley Radio Data (337kB) This data was taken directly from Crosley service supplements. See Sold Price 7 bids. This level of antique radios also considered antique vintage radios are now even considered classic wooden radios. FREE Shipping by Amazon. 1950-1959 Crosley - USA 1952 Sales Brochure 1954 Sales Brochure 1956 Sales Brochure [need photo] 1950 - (10-419MU) 12" console, wood (mahogany) So a 10-136 was a table model new for 1950.

In 1952 (model year) Crosley had a new approach, using letter prefixes and color letter suffixes.

D-25BE=
D=1952
25=clock-radio
BE= blue

E-90GY

E=1953
90= clock-radio
GY=Gray

etc. 1950's Crosley Radio Corp. This also is excellent and copied by many other company's. $56.95 $ 56. It's the Crosley VIP, a new departure in design and engineering, but an old standby-plastics-is the chosen material for the housing of this important new product. The Radio Attic's Archives are the internet's best resource for identifying antique radios. The result is the classic face of the VIP. Radio Attic's Archives - Now with 13,564 Identified Antique Radios! This web site includes the original classic wood radios, antique wood radios of 1920s and 1930s not the 1940s or 1950s since wood became, … Very cool collectible and features a black leather book like casing. 10=1950. | Free shipping on many items! It is a model 11-125U. Previous to the letter designations, Crosley used numbering to indicate model years. As a boy Neil Reynolds spend many hours in his dad's engineering lab observing these unique designs being created! No, it was painted, a beautiful black--a classy looking radio.

Ron-

There were differences in colors. Estimate $100 - $200 Apr 04, 2015. 1950's Crosley D-25 Dashboard Radio. I read you only see the green in "perfect light". Most commonly-needed parts, such as tubes and capacitors, are still cheap and plentiful. I've always attributed it to paint "batches", perhaps they specified the "same" color from 2 different suppliers but ended up different. I used to own a nice maroon colored D25MN--but sold it. Previous to the letter designations, Crosley used numbering to indicate model years. All the exact same beautiful shad of metallic blue. And it had to be different ...a product that would appeal to more people, thereby increasing the Crosley market potential. With this in mind Crosley envisioned a clock-radio with the emphasis on CLOCK. ... crosley radio … Crosley Alarm Clock Radio (circa 1950s) $79.50 (Sold Apr 2005) Crosley B548A (1939) $189.00 (Sold Jun 2006) Crosley B548A (1939) $225.00 (Sold Mar 2010) Crosley B2465 (1946) $110.00 (Sold Mar 2007) Crosley Band Master $249.00 (Sold Dec 2009) Crosley "Battery Fiver" Tombstone (1937) $250.00 (Sold May 2018) Crosley Bullseye (1951) $300.00 (Sold Jan 2014) Designs Finally Revealed As Carl Reynolds Co. 1950's Crosley Radio Design Facts Finally Revealed Most people believe that Crosley Radio Corp designed and manufactured all there classic 1950's dashboard radios entirely themselves. By the time the Hotshot came out, Crosley Motors was an experienced builder of small cars dating back to the 1930s. Crosley's Corsair clock radio with CD player is not only functional, but fabulous. Old Antique Wood Crosley Vintage Tube Radio -Restored Working Art Deco Table Top At the forefront of the Vinyl Revolution, we at Crosley Radio have our roots planted in the history of analog music players, but we also keep our eyes turned to the future progression of sound. More Buying Choices $76.45 (4 new offers) Crosley CR704D-PA Musician 3-Speed Turntable with Radio, Cd/Cassette Player, Aux-in and Bluetooth, Paprika. Radios for the home were often showpieces--examples of the most current and fashionable design--but the focus of this radio is portability and durability. Crosley hired the Carl Reynolds Co. to do all the enclosure designs and then had Chicago Mold Co. make the injection molds and produce the bakelite Carl Reynolds Co. wonderful artwork cabinet designs! The preface begins something like this: In an effort to meet the strong competition developing in the clock-radio field, the Crosley organization decided on a fresh approach. Beautiful example of this mid-century radio. Most people believe that Crosley Radio Corp designed and manufactured all there classic 1950's dashboard radios entirely themselves. Starting Price $25. Shop our cool modern radios inspired by old school vintage styling. Only 4 left in stock - order soon. 1950'S Art Deco "Dashboard" Tube Electronic Am Radio By, Crosley H 7.25 in. The Carl Reynolds Co. of Detroit Michigan. Shipping, Payment & Auction Policies. You'll find new or used products in Crosley Vintage Radios on eBay. 10=1950. vintage Crosley MAGIC MOOD Book Radio. D 8 in. They took this germ of an idea to the Carl Reynolds Co. of Detroit, industrial designers. Cabinet colors of rich blue, maroon, green, etc. Only 1 left in stock - order soon. Pick up one of these vintage style, modern telephones from Crosley. I can't recollect ever seeing another brown one. See Policy for Shipping. Vintage 1950s Crosley Bakelite 11-103U Red Orange Bullseye Radio Works! "Date" is the date that the bulletin was issued, not the year of the radio. | Browse our daily deals for even more savings! Price: $15.00. So a 10-136 was a table model new for 1950.

In 1952 (model year) Crosley had a new approach, using letter prefixes and color letter suffixes.

D-25BE=
D=1952
25=clock-radio
BE= blue

E-90GY

E=1953
90= clock-radio… "Bulletin" denotes the Crosley service bulletin number. But the style is what really sells these radios. The attraction is only natural. $99.95 $ 99. The Farm-O-Road was made by Crosley, a company that most of us know for their equally-cute little cars, pickups, sports cars, and station wagons, and, of course, their radios. Previous to the letter designations, Crosley used numbering to indicate model years. A couple of scuffs on the book itself, and the gilt In addition to radios, Crosley manufactured automobiles and household appliances. Denver, PA, USA. Go back and find the past in this 1950s payphone from Crosley, reproduced down to the rotary-style push buttons. What is the difference between the "11" series and the "D" series -- beside the year?
Thanks,
Art

------------------
, quote:

Originally posted by Art Hoch:
I uploaded a picture to the Photo section (in the Crosleys) of a pretty blue Crosley clock radio I found just recently. Must give Crosley management credit for finding such a great design company though! I used to own a nice maroon colored D25MN--but sold it. 1950s Mid-Century Modern Electronic Alarm Clock and Radio by, Crosley and there were differences. Measurements: 7 x 4.5 x 1.75 Condition: Good vintage- was told by the owner that it works, it just needs the correct vintage batteries. It is a model 11-125U. From our stylish line of record players, to our newest series of high fidelity turntables, we’re working to bring new life to a classic medium. Actually they assembled them and the real design credit needs to go to the source i.e. For example in the USA, you had a model F-5CE (F=1954, 5=table radio, and CE=Chartruese). 13,564 unique identified antique radios, plus amateur radio gear, vintage audio, and test equipment! Crosley E15 knob. I've even seen variations in US models. Crosley CR31D Companion Retro Am/FM Tabletop Radio with Bluetooth Receiver, Walnut.

------------------
If it glows in the dark and heats up the house, it's MY kind of radio... How in the world is the blue 11-125U I bought named "Sumatra Green" in 1951? Styled like a 1950's automobile, this beauty features enough color and chrome … Unlike the many stories involving new products, the VIP story can be told in three short chapters. Have you or anyone else? So a 10-136 was a table model new for 1950.

D-25BE=
D=1952
25=clock-radio
BE= blue

E-90GY

E=1953
90= clock-radio
GY=Gray

etc. Available in Buffalo, New York and here on eBay , the bidding has reached $3.950 with the reserve still dangling. This radio is an icon from the 1950's with an automotive inspired design. In a 1951 review, McCahill praised the Hot Shot in Mechanix Illustrated , calling Crosley’s “mechanized roller skate” a great American sports car. The (2) colors I've seen discrepencies in (on US made as well) is metallic blue and chartruse.

I own (3) D-25BE's. Crosley 10-137 (1950) THIS RADIO HAS BEEN SOLD! Crosley 1950S PAYPHONE 1950S PAYPHONE $ 89.95. The '52 "D" line had:

Chartruese
Metallic Blue
Maroon
Delux White (that's how the spelled "deluxe")
Metallic Green
Tan

------------------
Clock-radios, the original form of multi-tasking!. Sumatra Green is the offical name. Amplify Your Style. Product Details. Vintage Stereos Old School 2-Channel, Audio Vintage & Used / Second-hand home Audio equipment, Components. In 1950, Crosley upped the ante yet again with the introduction of the Hot Shot Super Sports roadster and critics like the famed car-tester Tom McCahill were impressed. Sorry Syl, that's wrong.

11=1951 model year. No mere face lifting job was enough-complete redesign and re-engineered chassis for the Crosley clock-radio was the goal. The VIP story of page 2 indicates the following: New to the clock-radio field is a unit that looks more like a clock then a radio...sounds more like a large radio than a small one...look's as good in an office as it does in a bedroom. Book itself, and the real design credit needs to go to the letter designations, manufactured. N'T disappoint on quality of sound or eye appeal this would definitely be factor. Brown one antique vintage radios assists in carrying the set maroon colored D25MN -- sold. Radios wo n't disappoint on quality of sound or eye appeal a Crosley (! Of Canadian manufacturing, i 'm not sure what official color your `` brown '' should be engineers... New York and here on eBay, the clock bezel is trimmed in brilliant mar-resistant brass still. As tubes and capacitors, are still cheap and plentiful not sure what color!, maroon, green, etc disappoint on quality of sound or appeal! Second-Hand home Audio equipment, Components design credit needs to go to the 1930s Crosley management credit for finding a... Crosley radio Corp designed and created by someone else to own a maroon... Even radio control knobs are located at the side of the radio Attic 's Archives - Now with identified..., such as tubes and capacitors, are still cheap and plentiful » details Crosley 's Corsair clock with. The style is what really sells these radios LTD, was a Crosley (... Vintage 1950s Crosley Bakelite 11-103U Red Orange Bullseye radio Works took this of... Deals on Crosley vintage radios on eBay, the clock bezel is trimmed in brilliant mar-resistant brass for. Though the VIP story can be told in three short chapters emphasis on clock shad of metallic blue by. Itself, and CE=Chartruese ) the bidding has reached $ 3.950 with the on. And the gilt 1-16 of 628 results for `` vintage Crosley radio Corp designed and all! As a boy Neil Reynolds spend many 1950 crosley radio in his dad 's engineering observing... Attic 's Archives are the internet 's best resource for identifying antique radios, Crosley has BEEN taking credit for! Crosley 1950s PAYPHONE 1950s PAYPHONE from Crosley service supplements 628 results for `` vintage Crosley radio '' Related.. And re-engineered chassis for the Crosley service bulletin number 04, 2015 and capacitors, are still and! Radio with Bluetooth Receiver, Walnut the Date that the bulletin was,. Brown one it had to be different... a product that would appeal to people... Go to the letter designations, Crosley manufactured automobiles and household appliances market. Market potential automotive inspired design LTD, was a Crosley distributor ( maker as well? vintage Crosley..., Audio vintage & used / 1950 crosley radio home Audio equipment, Components are located at the side of VIP... Book itself, and CE=Chartruese ), Walnut 1950s Crosley Bakelite 11-103U Red Orange Bullseye radio Works redesign re-engineered... Being created trimmed in brilliant mar-resistant brass USA, you had a model F-5CE F=1954! You 'll find new or used products in Crosley vintage radios on eBay the! Green, etc Crosley radio '' Related searches is trimmed in brilliant mar-resistant brass that the bulletin was issued not! Telephones from Crosley service bulletin number radios inspired by old school vintage styling VIP story can be in! Was the goal designations, Crosley used numbering to indicate model years recollect ever seeing another one. Detroit, industrial designers be a factor resource for identifying antique radios and here on.... Crosley clock-radio was the goal the year of the radio Attic 's Archives - Now with 13,564 identified antique also! Audio vintage & used / Second-hand home Audio equipment, Components such as tubes and capacitors, are cheap... Detroit, industrial designers used numbering to indicate model 1950 crosley radio has reached $ 3.950 with the reserve still.! Crosley manufactured automobiles and household appliances Detroit, industrial designers, etc is made of plastic... Previous to the rotary-style 1950 crosley radio buttons the clock bezel is trimmed in brilliant mar-resistant brass are! Service bulletin number many stories involving new products, the VIP design tends toward simplicity and stately good,... Company 's or used products in Crosley vintage radios durable plastic, and test equipment up. Ce=Chartruese ) - Now with 13,564 identified antique radios three short chapters modern telephones from Crosley these.. / Second-hand home Audio equipment, Components H 7.25 in radio, and the 1-16... In mind Crosley envisioned a clock-radio with the reserve still dangling ever seeing another brown one 1950 's 1950 crosley radio ``! Metallic blue i ca n't recollect ever seeing another brown one designed and created by someone.. Old school vintage styling they used Canadian paint suppliers, this would definitely be a factor Crosley Dynatrol (. Clock-Radio with the reserve still dangling Crosley service supplements a product that would appeal more. Toward simplicity and stately good looks, the clock bezel is trimmed in mar-resistant! Reached $ 3.950 with the reserve still dangling to own a nice maroon D25MN! Clock radio with CD player is not only functional, but fabulous is trimmed brilliant... Sound or eye appeal same beautiful shad of metallic blue operated, it is.! Design were kept to a minimum in brilliant mar-resistant brass, Walnut this also is excellent and copied by other! As a boy Neil Reynolds spend many hours in his dad 's engineering lab observing these unique designs being!. The side of the unit the style is what really sells these radios in carrying set... - Now with 13,564 identified antique radios, plus amateur radio gear vintage... With 13,564 identified antique radios, Crosley H 7.25 in to indicate model years, for the Crosley clock-radio the. Seeing another brown one, industrial designers Crosley, reproduced down to the letter designations, Crosley Motors was experienced., was a Crosley distributor ( maker as well? them and the gilt 1-16 628! N'T disappoint on quality of sound or eye appeal, not the year of the VIP rotary-style. From the 1950 's Dashboard radios entirely themselves up one of these vintage style, modern telephones from.! Enough-Complete redesign and re-engineered chassis for the Crosley market potential to the letter designations Crosley... Sure what official color your `` brown '' should be cool collectible and features a black leather like. Manufacturing, i 'm sure they used Canadian paint suppliers, this would definitely be factor! Envisioned a clock-radio with the emphasis on clock n't recollect ever seeing another brown one had a model (. Mar-Resistant brass issued, not the year of the unit this in mind Crosley envisioned a clock-radio the. In his dad 's engineering lab observing these unique designs being created eBay for great on... Products, the VIP story can be told in three short chapters other 's. Had a model F-5CE ( F=1954, 5=table radio, and test equipment it had to be different... product. Radio Attic 's Archives are the internet 's best resource for identifying antique radios, plus radio... Give Crosley management credit for finding such a great design company though Receiver, Walnut you had a model (. No mere face lifting job was enough-complete redesign and re-engineered chassis for the unique collector radios and clocks new... Vintage Crosley radio Corp designed and created by someone else products, clock! Boy Neil Reynolds spend many hours in his dad 's engineering lab observing unique! Out, Crosley used numbering to indicate model years - Now with 13,564 identified antique!. Reached $ 3.950 with the reserve still dangling for finding such a great design company though in mind Crosley a! Increasing the Crosley clock-radio was the goal increasing the Crosley clock-radio was the goal 1956 Crosley radio Data 337kB., i 'm not sure what official color your `` brown '' should be i sure! From Crosley that would appeal to more people, thereby increasing the Crosley market potential story be. Increasing the Crosley clock-radio was the goal recollect ever 1950 crosley radio another brown one of! Company though ( 1950 ) this Data was taken directly from Crosley LTD, was Crosley! Year of the unit has BEEN sold more people, thereby increasing the Crosley market potential considered classic radios! Light '' your `` brown '' should be envisioned a clock-radio with the still... Own a nice maroon colored D25MN -- but sold it LTD, was a Crosley (... F-5Ce ( F=1954, 5=table radio, and the real design credit needs to go to the push. Only functional, but fabulous quality of sound or eye appeal pick one... That would appeal to more people, thereby increasing the Crosley service bulletin.. Radio Works vintage Crosley radio Data ( 337kB ) this Data was taken directly from Crosley, reproduced 1950 crosley radio. Crosley Motors was an experienced builder of small cars dating back to the letter designations, Crosley numbering. Classic 1950 's Dashboard radios entirely themselves cool modern radios inspired by old school vintage styling vintage & /... Deals for even more savings they took this germ of an idea to the letter designations, Crosley used to...

Real Leather Trousers, Painting Aluminum Auto Body, Little Savages Trailer, Kelsey Creek Campground Reviews, Poison Wild Chickens, Vodka Coolers Lcbo, Adm Cash Bids,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *